Greater than three years after its intended season launch, Univision debuts the primary Spanish-language U.S. model of the worldwide hit music competitors Tu Cara Me Suena (Your Face Sounds Acquainted) as a part of its “Domingos en Familia” (household Sundays) programming.
Eight celebrities will work with vocal coaches, choreographers, staging and appearing consultants to organize for his or her performances every week and can endure an “excessive makeover” to impersonate a music idol. The competing stars’ profitable performances will profit charities of their alternative.
The format has had profitable runs world wide, together with Spain, which had its eighth season in 2020, and different nations in Latin American, reminiscent of Argentina, Chile and Brazil, in addition to Europe and Asia. The Endemol-created format additionally had one lackluster season within the U.S. as Sing Your Face Off on ABC in 2014.
For Univision’s Tu Cara Me Suena season launch, the taking part celebrities and their designated charities are:
- Chantal Andere, Mexican singer and actress: Alianza Nacional para la Salud Hispana, a community-based well being group.
- Gabriel Coronel, Venezuelan singer and actor: Amigos for Youngsters, which works to forestall youngster abuse and neglect.
- El Dasa, Regional Mexican singer and TV character: Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA), an immigration advocacy group.
- Sandra Echeverría, Mexican actress: Joe DiMaggio Kids’s Hospital, considered one of South Florida’s main pediatric hospitals.
- Francisca Lachapel, Dominican TV character: Afro-Latino Affiliation for Coverage & Advocacy, which focuses on creating consciousness of the cultural impression of Afro-Latinos and advocates for Blacks, Latinos and different individuals of shade.
- Melina León, Puerto Rican singer and TV character: Esclerosis Múltiple de Puerto Rico, non-profit that gives schooling and promotes the well-being of sufferers struggling a number of sclerosis.
- Llane, Colombian singer: No Extra, a corporation devoted to ending home violence and sexual assault by rising consciousness, inspiring motion and fueling tradition change.
- Pablo Montero, Mexican singer and actor: Carlos Rosario Worldwide Public Constitution College, which supplies schooling, workforce growth, and assist providers to immigrant populations within the District of Columbia.
A co-production of Univision and Endemol Shine Boomdog, and taped in Miami, the present is hosted by actress Ana Brenda Contreras and Rafael Araneda, together with Amara La Negra as backstage host.
The judges are music composer and lead singer of the favored group Reik, Jesús ‘Chui’ Navarro; singer and actress Charytín; singer and composer winner Kany García; and actress, singer and comic Angélica Vale.
Tu Cara Me Suena, premieres Sunday, October 4, at 8 p.m. ET
#Univision #Debuts #Celeb #Music #Competitors #Cara #Suena #Face #Sounds #Acquainted